Monday, January 10, 2011

Moviezz Weekends

Omg, this weekend has ended. This is the first week of my this sem, and first for 2011 too. LOL. I spend much time on movies these few days. Guess what I've watched. Sometimes I don't even remember them. Haha... Maybe they're just not that catchy in my mind. This isn't good, "Alpha and Omega". Surprisingly I'm quite looking forward for it for no reason when it first hits cinema. But then the reviews are getting poor and poor. Then now only I got it in DVDRip quality, even though in past few months, I already have it in Cam and TS quality, which make me don't even want to watch it. LOL. This is just... plain... "Dinner For Schmunks" is funny, and pointless too. That gang of "smart" people are making fun of that gang of "idiots". And undoubtedly, the bunch of "idiots" are pretty funny, omg, how can they be such "mindless"? Haha... Well, the movie tells me it's not right to make fun on others, but yes, it carries out some meaning too. Such an entertainment, which is missed in cinema of Malaysia.

"Buried". Yes, this is indeed one-man show. Besides the main character, there are just some short clips of others "strangers". You can see from the actors' listing, most of them are just contributing "voice", phone calls, bla bla bla. But I agree that this movie is making me feel like claustrophobia, making me hard to breath too. It is just so hard to stuck in a box, buried under the ground, I can't imagine. Along the movies, there are hopes too, he struggles for life, making call to get help, trying on many ways to approach others, using all the tools he has around. Flashbacks surrounds him too, too many to regret and feel sorry. Hopeless, when he decides to just wait and die. At the last moment, when he thinks that he'll get out freely, the last hope is gone too, and... died. Sigh...

"Black Swam". A piece of fine art. Gentle girls with beautiful melody, ballet too. The main story is about an performer and how she deals with the perfection. She does nothing wrong but just asks for a chance to outdo herself. She gets so much pressure and hallucination seriously goes wrong in her mind. I guess, it is a little way to psychological issue. Should I just say, perfection kills? LOL. An entertaining film indeed, with beautiful steps and music.

"127 Hours". Inspiring, what else can I say? It is based on a real story, where a man cuts of his arm when he get stuck in his adventurous journey, in order to save his life. I like the way the movie is cut and captured. Although the one hour and thirty minutes film is almost at the same place, it doesn't really bore me. It indeed reminds me of many things. Too many regret still, we should appreciate what we have today, at this moment. Maybe when a person is dying, or knows he'll die, then only he realizes what should he do, I mean, then only he'll face the real him. It's about struggling for life too. He uses all the tools he has to survive. Great piece of work! And I enjoyed it.

I guess I should stop here. For your information, "Black Swam" and "127 Hours" will be in Malaysia cinema soon. Huhu =)

p/s: I went to 11th College to have dinner today, what a cheap chicken chop set. RM4.90. Woohoo~ Although it's not very very tasty, but I'm glad to have that kind of amount. Enjoy it~

2 comments:

  1. What buried is about? is it haunted?
    black swan and 127 hours sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buried..hmm.. A man is attacked, he gets fainted and being kidnapped. After he wakes up then he realizes he is closed in a box like coffin and being buried underground. He is left with some utensils like lighter, cellphone, torch etc. And he is threatened to ask money from America in order to survive.

    ReplyDelete