Friday, March 25, 2011

The: Sucker Punch

Sucker Punch (2011)

Emily Browning ... Baby Doll

Abbie Cornish ... Sweet Pea

Jena Malone ... Rocket

Vanessa Hudgens ... Blondie

Jamie Chung ... Amber

Wow its a great series of posters from the movie "Sucker Punch". All of them are indeed really pretty and seems so "animated". Cool! This movie is just released yesterday, and today, wcw and I are "unprepared" to watch this kind of movie. I mean, our first choices would be "The Eagle" or "The Unknown". (Yea I haven't watch both of them.) Anyway this movie looks delicious and "suck" us away to purchase tickets. LOL.

Its director is Zack Snyder, basically its the director from "300" and "Watchmen". So, big name? Indeed it has done his job, pretty nice effects, everywhere. I mean those 3D effect, slow-mo! The slow motion portrait of bullets, bombs, guns and knives, cutting away bodies (of robot), bombing those enemies and buildings are awesome! Girls are pretty and elegant, finely drafted in animation. Its like I'm watching Final Fantasy, but this one is actually produced by real actresses. I can say, nice animation. Baby Doll is cute, Sweet Pea is beautiful, and Rocket is cool! Love the way they kill those enemies, they're like really strong and powerful. Jumping higher than sky, dangerous but pretty actions are everywhere throughout the film. I notice the soundtracks too, just on the spot, nice and suitable music/songs when dancing and fighting. Yes, I'm not watching in 3D but it feels like 3D!

What about its story? I like the beginning part, where Baby Doll is tortured by her stepfather and being sent to so-called mental hospital. That part is pretty amazing with nice sound effect. She looked really pathetic, and she can do nothing, no one listen to her. Her mom is dead and her stepfather want to rape her little sister. She tries to help, but at last her little sister is killed by that stepfather. But in the end, she is blamed for murdering her own little sister and being sent out for mental treatment. I like the tone which is almost black and white, sad and sorrow tone. And the way the movie is being captured.

Then what else? Things suddenly change. The mental hospital becomes a place for prostitutes? OMG, am I getting this wrong? Maybe not, its just more to a "theater". So they are the performers to entertain the customers. Baby Doll meets some friends/sisters there. The most amazing but weird part is when she starts dancing, she enters a different world where she and her friends have a task to encounter and achieve somethings, including map, fire, knife, key, and last one is the mystery. In the movie, her dance is supposed to be wonderful, which drags everyone's attention away. But we never see her dancing, in fact, the transition takes place, and she's in the war zone. Wow. Such a transition.

So the story, just search for the synopsis, I believe its everywhere. Frankly, it is not really attractive, and lags much behind the effects that it has. Therefore, just pay attention to the effects. That is cool and awesome. Haha!

Cool right? The graphic and their customs.

Did I forget to mention about Jogoya today? I have a great chance to have this lunch promotion cheaper and cheaper! Quite worthy! Hahaha XD Although it is just 2 hours, I can't really try most of the food. But I crazily eat the Haagen Dazs and try most of the flavours available there. Love the Mango, Mango Sorbet, and Belgium Chocolate, but some are not really nice... Anyway, it worths quite a lot there. I'm quite crazy, throwing all types of seafood into my mouth, except for crab as I don't know how to serve that. Two hours are pretty short, we eat, then take photos, chit chat, have fun, searching around for food, then that's all.

This is my very first time to eat buffet at Jogoya! And what a long time ddn't visit Starhill Gallery, until I forget its location. LOL. Everywhere is still amazingly wonderful, so damn high class.


Another thing, not related to this movie. Hmm... Don't know how to start talking about this in a sudden. I guess, my friends know what happens. LOL just assume that I didn't talk anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment