Friday, December 5, 2008

Rehab K850i

One thing that I feel really strange happens yesterday. Last night, during I’m using my K850i to play music, it suddenly stop playing and the phone restarts itself. By the way, this is not the first time that it restarts itself. Normally the blue ring light and the keypad light will be on for 3 to 5 seconds then the screen will show up the standby mode, like I just power on the phone. Since I buy it in June, the occurance of the case of restarting itself become higher and higher, such that it can happen during I put it in pocket or on the table. I surf the net and find that this is a normal bug of this model. Well, I’ll just accept it. Never talk about this phone. I think that its price is so reasonable, for such functions, not so much like GPS, large display screen or wi-fi. If it includes these features, its price won’t be that kind of low, and dropping so fast after releasing for not so long time. But it has new functions and new display in Media menu and 5.0mp camera. First of all, its 5.0mp camera is just at the normal level, I think its quality is quite a distance of other model like N82. Haha… Well, it depends on the price, price tells almost everything. 17mm, not too thick and not slim as well, and maybe quite heavy. Anyway, it is reasonable to put in a hidden protected lens and Xenon flash, can be understood. I like its design, the mode-shift key functions like digital camera, as I dream on it. And the 3, 6, 9 and # shortcut keys. The light of keypad can just change between white and blue. Although the keypad is small enough and quite hard to be used, but it can be said as special, and so-called design. I think I love something good to see, good to admire, rather than good to use. Its camera functions and settings are not so special as it looks, no face or smile detection, no optical zoom, no smart contrast, no VGA or HD quality video recording or playback… So on… Anyway, it is just more user-friendly, it just stress on how it is close to a digital camera. A problem is its running speed, I think everything become so slow to respond when I play songs, such as typing sms, sweat… However, it worths how much it costs.


Oh I continue my story. Last night I remember that I’m listening to Avril Lavigne “Take Me Away”, then it just stops and restarts on its own. It is so abnormal that it hang there without any respond, with blue ring light and white keypad light continuously. I become anxious and suddenly think of what I’ve surfed for this phone, its killing bug. I think I meet this bug, so sad, why its me? I’ve never been so lucky before… Ha..Ha..Ha.. I search for the solution and find that the only solution is by formatting the phone. I never do this thing before. After searching for many softwares and ways to format phone, I think I need to have a decision of what to do. I can just send it to care centre but it may cost me some money and it must leave me for few weeks, I don’t really want it to be. Well, today I go to my friend’s house and online to continue searching, I decide to format on my own, quite dangerous… Haha. Because I never try it before. Any mistakes during formatting can lead to damage on phone. I choose the easiest way I think, by using SE Update Service. And follow the instructions shown, slowly, step by step. And it takes nearly half an hour to download phone software and update it on the phone. Yeah! I’ve done it finally! Now it continue functioning. I really hope that it won’t be having any problem or bug after this, as I really scared of losing it, since I lose a phone because of broken mother board years ago. Haiz… Luckily it happens now, in holiday, and I have enough time to study about formatting SE phones. Ganbatte K850i!



Blue light ring around the camera.


















White keypad light.
















Formatting using Update Service.




No comments:

Post a Comment