Sunday, July 5, 2009

ReNoiR is coming...

This time I just plan to write a short one, so everyone, no need worry for reading through this. After one month of research, I finally come out with some gadget which I think it's worth to purchase. What's on my mind is, Nokia 5800XM Tube, Samsung Pixon M8800, Samsung Omnia SGH-i900, and last but not least LG Renoir KC910. For this time, all that you can see is, these four phones are touch screen equipped. Yea, this time I want to try this on. Another thing is, I want WiFi on my phones also, so Samsung Pixon is kicked out... But it is still considerable for its nice 8MP camera. Another 8MP camera phone is Samsung INNOV8 i8510, this is really really too expensive for me, so... no choice, and it has no touch screen too. Samsung Omnia is another large attraction to me, its operating system and design. But it has only 5MP camera, since I already have a Sony Ericsson K850i, quite meaningless if I buy this for its camera... Nokia 5800XM is really a nice choice for me. It is operated on S60v5, 3.2" large touch screen, music phone, WiFi-equipped, GPS etc. The most attracting part to me is, its price... Haha. But it has only 3.2MP camera, although it is certified by Carl Zeiss, but it takes kind of low quality photos... Sigh. It can't even be compared with other 3.2MP camera phone. So, I won't choose this. What's left? LG Renoir KC910. For sure, I'm not buying this because of "no other choice", but there are so much attractions on it for dragging me into it.

































LG Renoir is a camera phone, 8MP camera is built on the rear part of the phone. It has lens cover, comparing to some other phones like Nokia 5800XM or Samsung Omnia, this is more likely to be a so-called "camera phone". It is equipped with a set of Xenon flash and LED focus light. These really content me although its Xenon is quite a weak one compared to Sony Ericsson C905, another 8MP camera phone. On the back cover, it's also stated its specialities, like world first Dolby Mobile function on phones and supporting DivX video format playback.

















The music part is really a weak point of this phone, it has everything but no built-in equalizers, no stereo speakers, and no 3.5mm audio jack port. Luckily it can turn on the Dolby Mobile effect which can enhance the audio flows. Watching videos on this phone is a very nice entertainment for me! 3.0" screen works on this. Although the screen is just 26k colour, and 240x400 pixels... But the size is quite enough for me, which it supports full touch screen in every function.


This is my first time to use LG mobile phone. I just always heard of LG phones cannot sustain for too long, this is what I worry... But never mind, this is what I feel now, I'm contented. This is a flagship model of LG which is released on November 2008, so I still can feel how much effort has LG put in into this gadget. Anyway, I think the battery can't support for too long time because I've been playing on this day and night... Hehe. And sometimes it just can't read or write on the external memory card. However, it comes with a 8GB memory card, nice as I don't need to buy another. I think 8GB is quite enough for me, at this moment. I'm wondering, is it can support until 16GB micro SDHC...? Haha.

The camera part is really sophisticated to me. It has 8 mega pixel at all, can capture as large as 3264x2448 pixels on a photo. The scene mode is not very much, just Auto, Potrait, Landscape, Night, Beach and Sport. Other settings Colour Effect, White Balance and Self-Timer also here to choose. Blink Detection helps to detect any blink of eyes on a photo. Macro is not very strong, just can be use between 10-25mm I think... This time, ISO has been increased to 1600, compared to 800 in KU990 last time. Quality can be set as Super Fine, Fine or Normal. Added in Back Light Compensation which helps to capture if a subject has strong back light. Zoom support up to 16x. Image Stabilization, Geo-Tagging and Grid Sreen can be set as well. Another thing is Focus method, can choose between Auto Focus, Manual Focus or Face Tracking. Different shoot modes are available too. Panorama combines three 3MP photos into a wide angle view. Beauty Shot helps to enhance human face or skin when taken. Smile Shot, capture when you smile! But not that sensitive, so you need to smile wisely, or laugh~ Art Shot is like LOMO style, nice and special on camera phone. Continuous Shot capture seven 8MP photos at burst mode, choose to save. Frame Shot is just adding frame on photo.

















The video recording part? Interesting too. It supports wide screen video recording which is 640x384 and 400x240, and normal size at VGA 640x480, QVGA 320x240 or even smaller QCIF 176x144. Others like Night Scene, White Balance, Colou Effect, Quality, Duration, Mute etc also available. Another thing is it support Noise-free Microphone, which helps to filter some noise if the situation is too noisy. The most special part is, you can choose between Normal recording speed, Slow-motion, or even Fast-motion, as it supports until 120 fps video recording, as continued since KU990 Viewty. It is successor from Viewty, but next up is, I see some inprovement on LG Arena KM900 and Viewty Smart too. Hmm. I guess, I hope that I've done the right decision...












Actually I still have so much things to say regarding on this phone, but I think I better keep it, in order to avoid for making this blog become so long... Okay, I bought it on 2nd July. Hope it will last very long... Hehe.










03.43am

05.07.2009

3 comments:

  1. u shouldn't use white colour fonts, it is too bright to read... sakit mata

    ReplyDelete
  2. ermmm...tht's realy nice...
    up 2 tht which u prefer the most...
    all wid their own pros n cons...
    but surely u can find out which u needed..
    hehe...><

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much did you buy this for?

    ReplyDelete